Paula Cole "This Fire" - SDS Exclusive Translucent Red Vinyl Now Shipping
- Released on Vinyl for the First Time Ever
- Release date September 22, 2023
- Reissue Supervision: Grover for Slow Down Sounds
LP Mastering: Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
- Plating: Dorin Sauerbier (R.T.I.)
- Pressing: Record Technology Inc. (R.T.I.)
- Audio Source: 1630 Original Master
- Print & Paper: Dorado Music Packaging
- LP Layout: J Bonner
- Vinyl Compound: Casey Gibson (TPC)
- Original Master: Bob Ludwig
- Original Release Date: October 1996
140g Translucent Red Vinyl
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of this 90's groundbreaking masterpiece
- Includes the theme song for the hit TV series Dawson's Creek, 'I Don't Want to Wait'
- Nominated for 7 Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Album in 1998
- Grammy Winner 1998 - Best New Artist
- Includes hits such as 'Where Have All the Cowboys Gone,' 'I Don't Want to Wait,' 'Me,' and more
Ahead of her time, Paula Cole was a boundary-breaker. For the entirely self-produced album, This Fire, she was the first woman in history to be solely nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Producer.
Released in 1996, This Fire presents a deep dive into the multi-faceted, confessional songwriting style that Cole is revered for. Paula Cole opened cultural confines and broke glass ceilings, demonstrating an unparalleled talent for blending elements of pop, rock, folk, and jazz to create her intricate sound.
This vinyl reissue captures that dynamic sound incredibly - although the original recording is digital - this pressing allows for that warm analog sound!
With streaming hits like 'Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?' and 'I Don't Want to Wait,' This Fire resonates with the same authenticity, rawness, and energy that it did upon its original release, and is more relevant today than ever.
2. Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?
3. Throwing Stones
6. Nietzsche's Eyes
7. Road To Dead
9. Feelin' Love
10. Hush, Hush, Hush.
11. I Don't Want to Wait